1. It seems to be the theme of the year, but once again I arrive at Friday ruing the craziness of the week that was – and reminded that being a working Mum has its challenges. I travelled interstate, and saw 4am too many times, but with a long weekend now upon us – I really can’t complain!
2. We also caught up with some dear friends last night, and it was actually quite lovely to host a little mid-week dinner party. I’m normally in bed by 9.30pm – so entertaining during the week was quite unusual for me.
We ate a French themed dinner – eye fillet with black truffle oil, a provincial potato bake and bistro salad, and finished with salted caramel / chocolate pots…..
And I went to bed positively filled to the brim with food and good company!
3. Work and food aside, there must have been something in the air yesterday, for C was positively crazy. Cranky one minute, kooky the next, and giving me lots of laughs along the way.
Example? She sat in front of the mirror and chatted to Nanna on the “phone” for a good 15 minutes.
She certainly has a lot to say these days…
4. Another example? She discovered a pair of my shoes (the highest ones I have…) then proceeded to click-clack around the house..
I think she is more stable on them than I am?!
5. We don’t have much planned this weekend, which is actually rather lovely. I’m thinking bike ride? A family walk? Time at the park? And finishing off our preparations for a certain little one’s 2nd birthday party which is next weekend!!!!
What about you? What are you up to this weekend?