It is apparently common throughout pregnancy to go through periods of "nesting", particularly in the later stages. Nesting being the distinctive and uncontrollable urge to clean, tidy, and organise one's house / life.
I am not sure whether it is my already "need to be organised" personality, or perhaps the start of a "nesting" phase, but I most certainly have a growing list of things I want to complete before baby BBB arrives in early March next year.
Since moving into our new home last December, Mr BBB have done quite a bit around the house. There is, however, still a lot of things that I would like to have finished before our focus will undoubtedly be on the newest addition to the family.
Perhaps the biggest of these is our "garden"...
aka. leftover construction site – that currently bears no resemblance to a "garden", but more of a barren wasteland.
*hangs head in shame*
And let's not even mention Uluru mach 2 - that currently resides at the front of our house…
(Don’t ask. Let's just say it is the result of a dispute with out builder about top soil and block levelling).
So I am sure that it comes as no surprise that landscaping our yard is pretty much number 1 priority for us at the moment. And, although we initially had grand plans to do it ourselves, we have seen the light and are now getting quotes from some landscapers to come in and do the heavy work for us. Then (hopefully) with the retaining walls built, the garden edging put in and the block levelled / prepared, we can spend what small amount of spare time we have planting and creating our garden.
Garden aside, I have also managed to create quite the list of items I want to finish inside. What can I say....I am a list girl!
- Hallway - Put up photos.
- Study – install new desk along wall, hang certificate frames, build shelves
- Library – fix and hang pictures on wall
- Main bedroom – print and hang holiday photos
- Garage – spring clean and install shelves
- Lounge area – new lounge suite, table for laptop, new entertainment unit and coffee table
- Dining area – new table and chairs, build shelves / storage unit, hang picture or shelves above buffet
- Living area – new lights
- Deck – treat decking, new BBQ, light covers, table cover
- Kitchen – new frame for kitchen print
- Guest bedroom – new artwork
- General – Put together holiday albums and family yearbook
Some are certainly more achievable than others, but I am hoping to complete a few jobs each weekend to try and keep myself from being overwhelmed.
Oh yeah.....and I think we need make time in there somewhere to prepare the very important nursery too!
So, with all these little domestic tasks on the radar, I am sure to have lots of house updates to share with you over the coming months. Hopefully then I will be in a better position to do a long promised house reveal too!
What about you? Are you a DIY person or do you prefer to leave it to the professionals?