Thankyou for your sweet comments about my last post. I feel so much better when I try to ‘keep it real’, particularly when it means acknowledging that things are a little overwhelming at times!
Today has been all about work, playing and packing. And by that I mean fitting in some work tasks, playing with my favourite gal, and packing for our first road trip to Sydney as a family of 3!
Exciting yes…but also a little daunting too. And it certainly got me thinking about a ‘Five things Friday’.
1. Heading on an overnight trip with a 3 month old requires a lot more “stuff” than as a couple.
Between the pram, the carrier, bedding, blankets, clothes, nappies, toys, mats and other incidentals, I am curious as to what space there will be left in the car for us!
2. Why do I always wait until the weekend to have roasts?
When midweek roasts are rather delightful (and provide lots of leftovers for a roast lamb sandwich this evening!)
3. I have officially lost my ‘pregnancy-induced warmth’. And I am freezing as a result! It looks like it will be gloves and scarves for me for the foreseeable future.
4. One thing I have not lost since pregnancy is my love for vanilla ice-cream.
Yes, I know I just said that I was cold. But it seems that I would rather wear an extra layer of clothes and indulge in this icy after dinner treat than give it away over the cooler months. ‘Tis deliciously wonderful.
5. I just ordered an artwork for our living area, and I am so very excited! Can’t wait to share some ‘before and after’ pictures with you when it arrives.
But now, time to stop blogging and get these bags packed! For they are not going to pack themselves.
What about you? Plans for the weekend?