1. My treadmill arrived this week and I see myself taking a maiden voyage on it very very soon.
2. I’ve been “baking” up a storm this week – all things sweet. Honeycomb, rocky road, fudge. It has been deliciously wonderful. And then I impulse bought this cookbook yesterday…
So I expect the baking of sweet treats will continue! Luckily my treadmill arrived huh?!
3. Despite the above, I have a fear of cooking with sugar (toffee etc) which was kicked into overdrive when attempting to make the honeycomb (and I have the burns on my fingers to prove it).
I think, however, that I may have conquered the fear, at least to some extent – when my third batch of honeycomb turned out just as it should. Details to follow.
4. Perhaps I have been craving all things sugar this week, owing to a lack of one vital other ingredient.
Yes - my little ‘wake 2 maybe 3 times a night’ girl has turned into a ‘wake 6+ times a night’ girl. And I have the bags under my eyes to prove it.
(One unhappy baby burrito)
5. But lets not dwell on my impending sink into sleep-deprived craziness, or a hyperglycaemic coma.
For this weekend will include 2 fun ‘firsts’ for Charlotte. Her first swim session (more of a baby pool play session) and her first solids. Wish us luck!
What about you? Do you crave sweet foods when sleep is lacking?