1. You guys are just too sweet re my croquembouche. Making it was a lot of fun, and reminded me of just how much I love baking and making sweet creations.
I suspect I will be one of those Mums who stays up until 2am making birthday cakes when the time comes (and, truthfully, I can’t wait!)
2. Baby cuddles are the best. Seriously.
Especially when the baby falls asleep on your chest and you can sit there breathing in their beautiful newborn smell.
(an old photo. look how small she was….)
Miss C still takes a short morning nap snuggled on my chest, and I am not giving this one up until she decides to. It’s just too damn wonderful.
3. Thanks to the reminder from this lovely gal, I signed up for what will now be my first post-baby race - a 10km run in a few weeks time! It should be slow, but wonderful, although I am still deciding whether to push C in the pram or run it solo. Thoughts??
4. Anyone ready for Spring? I am in two minds. Although it means the end of the Winter chill (yay)l, it also heralds the start of magpie swooping season (not yay). And owing to my irrational fear of our feathered
friends enemies, Spring normally leads to a spike in my swoop-related anxiety.
(ps - I should not have googled magpie swooping. That is all.)
5. I have a relatively busy weekend planned, with some friends staying tonight, a little ‘work’ being done tomorrow (curious??), and a catch up with the girls on Sunday. Should be rather delightful.
What about you? Do you have any fears? Spiders, bugs, snakes – don't bother me at all. But even a pigeon flying nearby sends me into a spin.