You’d be forgiven if you thought that these biscuits look remarkably similar to these ones.
For I loved them so much last time, it wasn’t long before another batch appeared in the BBB household. This time, however, I used orange zest in place of lemon zest to create an orange polenta version.
Just mix and spoon balls of the dough onto lined baking trays (flattened slightly)..
Bake for 14 minutes…
And then afternoon tea awaits.
I know I have said it before, but I really enjoy the texture of these biscuits.
Soft, delicate, and almost akin to shortbread.
A lovely little sweet treat all round.
Orange polenta biscuits (makes 16-18) – gluten free
- 80g butter, softened
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 150g gluten free plain flour
- 1tsp xanthan gum
- 50g polenta
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 170C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and orange zest, and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum and polenta, and beat until just combined. (The mixture will be quite sticky).
- Roll heaped teaspoons of the mixture into balls, and place on the trays (spaced to allow for spreading). Flatten slightly with a fork, and sprinkle with the granulated sugar.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack.
What about you? Done any baking lately?