One of my reliable ‘go to’ dishes when asked to bring a sweets plate, would have to be rocky road.
But not your usual ‘one chocolate / glace cherry’ rocky road.
I’m talking ‘two chocolate-turkish delight’ rocky road.
Aka sugar overload.
What I love about this treat, despite being tasty, is that it can be put together quickly. Just melted milk chocolate, mixed with all the ‘fun stuff’…
Pressed into a lined pan then topped with melted white chocolate.
Into the fridge for a couple hours (or overnight) to set, then slice and serve!
Out of all the dishes I have taken to parties over the years, it is this rocky road that has received the most compliments.
And on this occasion, when I took a batch to Mother’s Group recently, it was no different…
There was none left at the end, and I’ve already handed the recipe out 3 times. Be warned, though - its rather moreish.
I always struggle to stop at just one piece
The following quantities are a guide only. You really can use as little or as many ingredients as you would like – depending on the taste / texture that you are after.
- 400g milk chocolate (I use Cadbury)
- 200g white chocolate (or melts)
- 200g marshmallows, chopped in half
- 180g raspberry lollies
- 150g Turkish delight bars, chopped
- Handful of chopped nuts (peanuts, macadamias etc)
- Line a slice tray with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the chopped marshmallows, raspberry lollies, Turkish delight and nuts into a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate, then pour over the chopped ingredients. Stir to coat well, and press into the lined tray.
- Melt the white chocolate, and drizzle it over the top. Use a spoon to swirl it into the milk chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set, then slice and serve.
What about you? Are you a fan of rocky road?