What a week we have just had! 5 days in Melbourne – where we hit the ground running as soon as we arrived.
Much time was spent with family and friends, great food was eaten, greater coffee was drunk, and I even ‘squeezed’ in a half marathon (more on that to come).
Unfortunately though, in addition to the wonderful memories, we also returned home with a good cold each so we are keeping it rather low key today.
In the meantime, let me share our recent adventures with you – photo style!
* C’s first plane trip – and she was an angel (much to her parent’s delight)
* Meeting her great Grandfather for the first time
* Lots of walks
* meeting ‘cousin’ George – the blue tongue lizard
* Lunching – Melbourne style
* the best pub meal I have had in a long time – grilled Marlin
* bath time
* C’s new favourite play thing
* Dawn break over the MCG
* race time
* finishing sore but happy
* sweaty post-race cuddles
* soaking up the rays with a post-race picnic
* family love
* best friends
* mama kisses
* the boys doing what boys ‘do’
* after dinner scrabble contest – I lost
* With her Jonpa
*Morning tea on the veranda
I guess it will come as no surprise that we are all a little worn out after such a wonderful family adventure. There was so much to see, and so many people to catch up with – but we truly loved every moment. If only we lived a little closer!
Full recap of the Half Marathon to follow…