Last weekend, we were invited to a birthday BBQ. And, although we were told “no need to bring anything”, I had a hankering for some chocolate and couldn’t help myself.
So the result of this hankering?
A rather indulgent, but oh so delicious, mars bar slice.
VERY easy to prepare, and VERY easy to eat.
Just mars bars (of course), melted with marshmallows, golden syrup and butter. Combined with rice bubbles, and finished with a layer of melted milk chocolate.
Set in the fridge overnight, then sliced to serve.
Told you it was easy!
Crispy and chocolately – and a sure-fire way to increase one’s blood sugar levels!
Mars bar slice (adapted from here)
1. Grease and line a slice pan with baking paper – allowing the sides to overhang.
2. Melt the butter, golden syrup, 200g of the mars bars and the marshmallows in a small saucepan over a low heat, stirring. Remove when the mixture is smooth.
3. Place the rice bubbles and remaining mars bars in a large bowl. Add the melted mixture, and stir well to combine.
4. Press into the prepared slice tin, and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Melt the milk chocolate, and pour over the slice. Smooth the surface, cover, then place in the fridge for a couple hours (or even better, overnight) to set.
6. Slice and serve
(nb. the marshmallow will make the slice a little sticky, but it will still hold together quite well.)
What about you? Been up to any sweet treat making lately?