1. I couldn’t help myself and added another cookbook to my ever-growing collection.
I found this one in a sale bin, but it is brilliant! So many beautiful recipes and menu planning ideas. I can’t wait to try some of them out.
2. It’s time to get serious with our landscaping endeavours. You might recall that quite some time ago, we had a landscaper create a ‘blank canvass’ for us, by creating pathways and putting garden bed edging into place. Sadly, another year has passed and that blank canvass is, well…still blank. So enough is enough – and we are going to get to work on creating what will (hopefully) one day be a beautiful garden.
I started by turning over and preparing this garden bed near our kitchen / living room windows (and I have the blisters on my hands to prove it). We are hiring a rotary hoe this weekend to hopefully turn over the other beds, then after some soil preparation, it will be time to spend a small fortune on plants.
Wish these ‘not-so-green-thumbs” luck!
3. The little Miss has a new favourite ‘game’ that involved unpacking. Be it shelves, baskets, bags….you name it….she will turn it from full to empty in no time at all.
4. And just for a heart-melting moment, each night Mr BBB reads to Charlotte and it is the most precious thing to see.
Gosh I love these two.
5. Aside from some serious garden prep, this weekend will also see us attending one of my favourite events – the Multicultural Festival. I can’t wait to indulge in all sort of international food goodies!
What about you? What are you up to this weekend?