1. Short weeks = fast weeks! Although I can’t help but feel we end up trying to fit 5 days work into 4 (or – more accurately – 5 days work into 3?!). I made it through, however, with lots of little family adventures along the way.
2. For gone are the balmy Summer evenings – that we would fill with trips to the park or an evening stroll. Instead, we’ve had to get creative – to keep ourselves occupied and entertained in the evening hours before bed. Sure, we have still rugged up and taken walks – but they are less ‘lingering’ given the cool temps outside.
3. Luckily Charlotte has quite the imagination these days, and keeps us both laughing with regularity. A current favourite? Filling a little bag with whatever odd things she can find – and refusing to go anywhere without it?
As well as bossing around all her toys, building forts and “cooking” dinner!
4. Another recent favourite? Putting this storage cube to good use….
An idea that was also quickly taken up by one of our furry friends…
5. And there has been cooking. Lots of cooking. Mainly of the comfort-hearty variety. Such as this rather tasty mushroom and egg fettuccine.
Recipe to follow next week!
What about you? How have you been staying warm – but entertained – this Winder?